- Adblock Plus: This plugin blocks around 90% of internet services that attempt to track your web activity and then send you targetted ads. It’s crucial to use while browsing any aon websites or sites that have anon news articles, etc.
- BetterPrivacy: This plugin is a tool to identify and remove cookies. It will also act as an “optout” from advertisement and other forms of web tracking.
- FoxyProxy: An Addon to the default way to handle connecting to proxies, the FoxyProxy addon will allow you to have easier access to enabling your proxy tunnels, also has advanced features, such as setting up a list of domains that you will always want to use a proxy to connect to, and to do so automatically, while still using another connection for non-listed sites.
- Ghostery: Another tool to help manage and mitigate tracking cookies, Ghostery features tools that will alert you when there are tracking cookies on the websites you visit. You can also view information about each tracker that is trying to harvest your browsing data, and even view the source code of said tracker and see exactly how the cookie is tracking you. Make sure you get Fanboy list and Easy list to stay updated (these can be selected during setup or in the options of the addon itself )
- HTTPS Everywhere: A Firefox extension produced as a collaboration between The Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. It encrypts your communications with a number of major websites.
Firefox recommended Add-ons
Leave a Comment »
No comments yet.